Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Tattoos...a love story

So I got my first tattoo last February. I'd been waiting for YEARS...I mean literally yearrrssss to get one. When I was in high school I settled for getting my nose pierced because a tattoo was "out of the question" according to the parental units. I can remember all through University dreaming and drawing up tattoo ideas, and waiting for the day when I would have an extra couple hundred dollars so I could pay for one. (Note to my employers: I still don't have any extra money sitting around, my tattoo was a Christmas present from the BF, you can definitely pay me more!).

Anyhow, ever since getting my first tattoo, I've wanted to get a second. I don't ever want to cover myself, I'm not a fan of that look for myself personally, plus I've promised my Mom that I won't get a tattoo anywhere that will show in a wedding / formal dress...blah blah blah.

So I'm currently trying to decide on my second tattoo. I have several ideas, but nothing is coming together the way my first one did (Here). I guess because of its sentimentality, nothing will ever mean as much, and be as easy to put together. But because I want another one SO bad, I'm bound and determined to find something I'm excited about.

What I currently want is:

A quote. I haven't settled on one specifically, however I'm thinking it will be lyrics and it will go on my rib cage. I also want to get a bird in flight tattooed as part of it. Kind of like...



The other option I'm thinking of is the lyrics "shine on you crazy diamond" along to outside of my foot. The only issues with that is a) I've heard tattoos fade quickly there, AND b) It goes against my agreement that it won't show if I'm all dressed up and wearing heels.

 I would get "shine on you crazy diamond" on my ribs, except I'm looking for something that is a little longer so that it can be 3 or 4 lines, with 3 to 4 words per line.

Also, I really like elephants. They've been my favorite since, well forever. So it would be cool to get one tattooed on me as well, but I don't really want a portrait. So I was thinking of getting an artistically drawn one, done in just lines. Kind of like...
                                      
Only with his head tilted back and trunk in the air. And I haven't decided if I just want the head, or the whole body. The thing is that I want this on my wrist. As an everyday reminder to remember to carry my head high. Buuut again, theres the issue with it being visible all the time. I've always always wanted a wrist tattoo, but I fear what it will look like when I'm 80. I'm not too worried about what my other tattoos will look like, since it's unlikely I'll be wearing a bikini at 80, but I've seen what old tattoo's look like, and it's not pretty.

So, the humming and huhing continues. What to do...what to do.

If you have any suggestions, let me hear 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment