Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

So You're Not a Fictional Character, I Guess That's Alright.

Last night I watched the season finale of The United States of Tara. If you've never seen it before the husband (Max, played by John Corbett) of the main character (Tara, played by Toni Collett) is perfect, just incredible...AND he's totally my type, so we can say I have more than a small crush on him... but in a "I know he's a fictional character, created by a woman, written for a predominately female audience" kind of way.


Anyhow to make a long story short he deals with a lot of shit and sticks by his wife in a way only most women could dream of. He's what romance stories are made of, and not a measuring stick most men would want to be compared to. He lives up to every unrealistic expectation possible, and is basically designed to make women look at their husband and think..."Fucker! If I had multiple personalities that made me punch you in the face while you were sleeping, or cheat on you multiple times, or totally ignore your aspirations and desires, you would totally not be this supportive...what the hell!?...Douche!".

Well apparently not only women think that...so do men, or at least my man anyhow. Last night while it was ending, the good ol' BF looked at me and said..."Fuck, is that what you compare me to?!!" to which I responded, after slight hesitation "No way babe... No one could live up to that!" (But it would be fucking awesome if they did!)

BF, I love you, even if you wouldn't be totally relaxed about me punching you in the face while you were sleeping.


No comments:

Post a Comment