Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Quick! Staring Contest, Me and You…

I have a problem, it’s probably not life threatening, BUT it may threaten my safety, in that people could TOTALLY misunderstand my need to engage in staring contests, particularly because they’re likely a stranger. And you know what they say about “stranger danger”, so I can only assume that each time I engage a stranger in a staring contest they want to stab/cut me. It only makes sense.

I mean, it’s not that I go out looking for staring contests, but if I’m out and happen to catch someone’s gaze, I will not being the first one to break it. I have no idea why I do this, maybe because I like to tempt fate, but so far no cutting or stabbing has occurred, so that’s good, since I’m all about keeping my skin stab/cut free.

Maybe it’s a primal animalistic need to prove superiority over others by holding their gaze until they look away…that’s what you do with Dogs to prove you’re superior, right?

Or maybe I’m just crazy and have nothing better to do with my time.

Or maybe I do it because it’s WAAAY easier to win a staring contest with someone who doesn’t know they’re participating, so it looks good on my win/lose ratio.

Whatever subconscious reason I have, I’m sure it’s a great one. I just hope that I can continue my trend of remaining unharmed by my staring contest opponents.

*Fingers Crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment